Thursday, June 28, 2007

Angry Chicken Mailorder #7


Mailorder Club, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

I'm going to post just one more photo. The rest you can see on flickr. I got my Mailorder packet in the mail a few weeks ago and just in time!! I volunteered to make mini (3") foundation paper-pieced ornaments for the shop. Thank goodness for Amy Karol! I was able to get some practice ones in (like this one) and have gone on to make 4 of the mini ornaments. I'll post pics of those later. I have to say that it's a lot of fun and a great way to use up all that stash which means that's more reasons to buy fabric!

BTW, check out Amy's new book: "Bend-the-Rules Sewing." The patterns are simple (maybe a bit too much) but it's great for beginners plus the pictures are inspiring. I love her writing style - you feel like she's sitting at your kitchen table sharing a snack with you! And, she loves color. So many of the sewing books out there seem to be afraid of color; looking at them makes me think of cold, wet, rainy days. Amy's book is cheery, fresh and colorful. The rest is up to you!

Happy stitching!

No comments: