Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Re-entry

Well, it's been a bit difficult readjusting to life here. This past weekend was just a blur. The reality of Dorothy's passing is still coming over me in waves which I suppose is to be expected. I've been wearing one piece of her jewelry each day - usually a fake pearl necklace or something shimmery. Lucy is keeping me extremely distracted plus my birthday is tomorrow. I think I'm going to get my nails painted this red again, in Dorothy's honor!

The owner of the shop, Jan, put Stitchettes Numbers one and two in my employee mailbox the other day. I have looked at them multiple times on the Wee Wonderfuls site and have been tempted to purchase them. Thanks Jan for sharing these with me! It made my day! Now, I just need to pick out some fabric to get stitching....You can see what other crafters have done with the patterns here.

They come in cream-colored envelopes with a darling sticker on the front
Stitchettes

and then when you open them, such lovely images appear!
Stitchettes

Hillary Lang, the designer of these fabulous little things, also has a very cute elephant pattern (peanut, the weel elephant) in Joelle Hoverson's latest book Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. I wasn't sure what I thought of this book at first but the more I look at it, the more I like it. The pictures are fantastic and the designs are just very current and approachable. The elephant is one of the cutest projects in the book.

It's getting cold and we're feeling the urge to do cold-weather activities! Lucy and Mitch just mixed-up our homemade hot chocolate mix. It makes a ton of hot chocolate - enough to last an entire winter for sure. The recipe comes from my Aunt Debbie. I've been drinking it for years and can personally attest to how yummy it is - here's the recipe:

8 quarts powdered milk
16 oz Nestle quick
1 cup coffee mate
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Ovaltine

Mix it all together in a big bowl, store in large glass or plastic containers like these. To make hot chocolate, fill mug halfway with mix, add hot water, stir, add mini-marshmallows and enjoy.

No comments: