Monday, December 31, 2007

Craft a day

I have this plan for my days with Lucy - one craft project/activity per day. So far it's been going pretty well. Thursday we made Shrinky Dinks (remember those??) and then on Friday we made little felt dolls. The Shrinky Dinks were a blast to make - it really is pretty cool to watch them shrink right before your eyes. Does anyone remember the commercials for them? Anyway, mine were all some sort of log cabin block. Lucy's were a bit more creative - spirals, kites, rainbows. Well, at least a 3 year-old's rendition of those things.
Shrinky Dinks

The felt dolls also were a great craft to do. I clearly got into them more than Lucy did! I need to order some nice felt on-line but in the meantime, I bought some from Jo-Ann's - a mix of rayon and wool but they still worked. The yarn pieces are from my yarn-bits stash. Lucy proudly shows our visitors her creative work.
wooden dolls

We made cookies on New Years. The cookie cutters were mine from childhood. They're really fun to use since they imprint an image on the cookie. It brings back a lot memories for me.
Sugar (!) cookies

Today I think we might try marshmallows. A few others have made them here and here. I'm going to use this recipe.

Oh, and I made a skirt for Lucy yesterday - she helped so that was our craft for the day. I'm not sure how long I can keep this up but it certainly has been fun.

No comments: