Friday, March 21, 2008

Hi hi, hi ho it's off to work I go...

I know that it's been a really long time since I've posted anything here. I always have the best of intentions but by the end of the day I'm just too tired to write anything creative or attempt to be witty. I have actually completed a few projects and started even a few more. I promise pictures soon but my computer is still having issues with uploading pics and I'm not in the habit of working with Mitchell's computer.

On Tuesday the things from Oklahoma City arrived, that is, my grandmothers' belongings plus a few other random pieces of furniture and childhood toys. It's weird to sit in Dorothy's very cool club chairs or work at my grandmother's sewing table but it also feels very comforting. It really is like having Dorothy and Eleanor in my home. The only problem is that all of Dorothy's furniture smells like her house - she always wore just a tad too much perfume. It's a bit eerie to smell my deceased grandmother in my house but I'm sure that in time, the scent will diminish and then I will long to smell it again.

The other reason that I haven't written is that I am indeed headed back to work as a nurse-midwife. I've accepted at position at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as part of the Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment Center, more specifically, as a midwife in the Special Delivery Unit. The first two months will be intense with training 5 days/week. After that I'll work part-time so of course I hope to continue working at the quilt store a couple times a month and also have more time to sew, knit, etc with Lucy in a longer day at school. I know I'm being wishful but a girl can dream....

I've been cooking up a storm the last couple of days and have two more days in the kitchen before I start. Plus I'm busy with laundry, reorganizing the house and finishing quilting projects. A friend of mine said I was "work-nesting." I like that.

More nesting tomorrow and hopefully some pics for here too.

No comments: