Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stitching Away

This last week I went to visit my brother and his wife in their new city - Atlanta. While there, I had the opportunity to take a class as part of the Smocking Arts Guild of America Convention. My class was with Wendy Schoen - I learned shadow work embroidery and gold work. The class was challenging but I really enjoyed myself and was surprised to find how much I enjoyed delicate stitch work. I will post pics of my projects this week and also provide more details on the convention in general.

I also took my Weekender Bag on its first trip! I took pictures of it on its outing as well and will post those over the coming days. It really is a very functional bag and quite comfortable on my shoulders though, if I do another one, I think that I will make the straps a bit wider and perhaps padded as well.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: