Wednesday, February 04, 2009

On a Happier Note


Yesterday I picked up this little book and have been pleasantly surprised by its contents. The pictures are crisp and the projects are inviting. Plus, Jenny Ryan writes for BUST, my new favorite magazine so the book has to be great. In theory, I don't need a book of patterns to make the projects she describes but that's really not the point. What's nice here is the inspiration and the way that she uses notions such as ribbons, ric-rac and buttons. Also the vintage towels and sheets look modern and fresh as purses, sewing machine covers and baby doll blankets. Very recessionista. I recommend it for new sewers and old (read experienced) who are looking for something different and an excuse to stay up late reading sewing books. In fact, that is what I'm going to do right now. Ta ta.

No comments: