Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sewing Room Inspiration


Currently I'm hard at work picking colors to paint the upstairs and just get everything pulled together. Almost 5 years ago we moved into this house while I mas 6 months pregnant. My priority was Lucy's room and the downstairs. We just have never gotten around to painting and decorating the upstairs - mainly our room and the extra/sewing room. Mitch has finally conceded the extra room to me but it will still need to serve the function of a guest room. My plan is to convert the closet into a sewing/craft storage space and buy a sewing table that I can fold up and roll into the closet so that when guests are here, they don't have to look at (admire) my sewing projects.


I have bought two wonderful books to help me along the process and also discovered the magazine above, which doesn't come out until next month. The books can be found here and here on amazon and you can visit the crafter whose room is on the cover of the magazine here.

Basically, I need to get a painter hired and going so that I can keep my momentum. I'll post updates as they happen.

No comments: