Saturday, May 09, 2009

Latest Book Obsession




I love this book! Especially the cover quilt though I'm pretty sure that I don't have the time or patience to make it right now. Still this is a great book - full of inspiration and ideas based on classic quilt designs. The quilters are based in Australia though one of them, Kathy Doughty, hales from Ohio! And Kaffe Fasset wrote the intro so you know it has to be interesting.
And while we're on the topic of reading material, check out the latest issue of "Stitch" from Quilting Arts. I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed with the first issue last Winter but this one is better - great colors and a range of projects. In fact, I'm heading to the quilt store on Monday to purchase materials to make one of the bags.
Anything else, hmm. I did make this cute little project as a shop sample. Great for recessionista lunches. I used Anna Maria Horner's oilcloth version of her latest collection. Perfect. My friend Jess recommended that I make a coordinating reusable sandwich wrap and placement like this. I'd like to design something I can make with my lovely new serger.

No comments: