Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Amy Butler Field Bag


Amy Butler Field Bag, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

So here it is. At last. The Amy Butler Field Bag. It was a challenge as expected but well worth it. There are four large side pockets plus I added a small pocket for a cell phone or ipod. I put together 10 kits which are available at the shop plus I plan to teach a class in the spring.

Field Bag

This may be my last bag for a while only because there are so many things that I want to sew: baby blankets, pajamas, doll clothes.... And I need to figure out how to do more stuff on my serger - I'm just not taking advantage of its full potential.

I did manage to make an Eagles fleece poncho for my father-in-law. He's in a wheel chair so it's much easier to drape a poncho over him than a coat. It was fabulous! I gave it to him on game day when he was decked out in his oh-so-retro Eagles sweat suit from the 70's. I'll post a pic later this week. (My plan had been to make everyone pajama bottoms but that plan came to a grinding halt when I realized that I cut them a bit too short!)

Lots to do for the holidays. I decided to make fabric gift bags instead of wrap everything. The serger makes it super-easy plus it gives me an excuse to play with my stash!

Keep warm.

No comments: