Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grandmother's flower garden

I received this quilt in the mail a couple weeks ago. It's quite timely. I've always wanted to make one and had been reading on a couple blogs about the process of making one. So it got me thinking- what am I waiting for?? I ordered a how-to kit on ebay which should be coming today. I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime here are some photos of the one found in my grandmother's closet. The fabric look like 20's and 30's. It's got quite a few stains but I'm waiting 'till Spring to wash it so I can lay it out on the grass. I just love looking at each little hexagon. The side of each one measures 1/2" and is 1" long. Wow.
From antique quilts


I love the orange centers!
From antique quilts


The maker must have run out of blue or white or maybe it was a planned "mistake."

From antique quilts



Lucy says that this quilt belongs to her!
From antique quilts


And finally, as promised, here are a couple of apron pics:

From aprons

Detail of "crafty apron." I just love ricrac
From aprons


From aprons

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So pretty, Marisa!
Hope you're doing well.