Monday, November 26, 2007

Gettin' Busy

Whew! Thanksgiving was lots of fun but wow, what a lot of work! Thank goodness for Whole Foods - I ordered their dinner for eight and then supplemented it with my family's sweet potato casserole, homemade pumpkin pie, fresh whipped cream, and fresh roles from this book. It was great! I let someone else do part of the meal and then I got to make the things that I like. Perfect. The table came together nicely after a quick run to Macy's the night before. I can't believe that I found this tablecloth with enough matching napkins plus I also got the Godiva turkeys half-off. Perfect. I love the centerpiece because the bowl is from my dear friend Megan in Pittsburgh. What made setting the table so much fun was the memories - as I put each piece on the table, I thought about the friend or family who gave us a piece of silver or crystal or of a family member who has passed away. Holidays can be quite stressful but I found this Thanksgiving rejuvenating.

Thanksgiving Table

Now, I'm sewing up a storm! I committed myself to sewing most of our holiday gifts so everyday is planned around my rotary cutter, sewing machine and iron! Plus my friends keep having babies who need warm blankets for the winter! BTW, if you just had a baby or if you are about to have a baby shower (you know who you are!) don't look at the next picture!! I love making these receiving blankets and burp clothes. Plus the onesies are so easy and fun, especially if you use Lite Steam-a-Seam. That stuff is fantastic; once the applique is applied, you just do a decorative stitch around the edge for effect and it's done! So easy and well worth the effort. Isn't this fabric great? I should have bought more....

cupcake shower gift

My machine is calling. I promise a pic of my other Amy Butler bag soon!

No comments: