Sunday, September 06, 2009

Getting Ready for Back-to-School: Lunch



I love this time of year. The air is crisp, the leaves change color and the stores are bursting with fabulous back-to-school products! I can never resist buying new pens, pencil cases and colorful spiral bound notebooks never mind that I've been out of school for over a decade.

Recently I made a trip to The Container Store. My family used to make a yearly pilgrimage there to buy organizing supplies. I loved to stock up on all sizes of these plastic containers - they were perfect for holding precious stickers, paperclips and earrings. The purpose of my recent trip was to buy organizing supplies for the sewing room but I was quickly distracted by the lunch section. I love the BPA-free containers featured here as well as these Klip-it containers. Lucy needed a new lunch bag so I spent quite a bit of time trying out different options and finally settled on the pink version of this one - it is roomy, insulated and won't show too much dirt (a must for a 4 year-old.) And I couldn't leave the store without a few color-coordinated freeze blocks!

For those of you are interested in a more homemade lunch box, check out etsy for a huge supply of reusable snack and sandwich bags. My preference is for the ones lined with vinyl - I think that they would be easier to clean. I'm sure that these little bags are very easy to make but these crafters have done such a nice job choosing the fabrics and to be honest, I have too many projects in queue.

The time will come when back-to-school will mean buying pens, paper and notebooks. For now I'm content with buying lunch boxes.

No comments: