Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sewing Room - The Sewing Wall



The Sewing Wall, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

A place for everything and everything in its place.

This is where I do most of my work. I had wanted the machines to be facing the window but this layout turned out soooo much better. I love my notions wall. When I'm sewing I can just reach up for scissors, a zipper or needles. Plus it allows me to display some of my favorite things.

The sewing table was my maternal grandmother's and still houses her old, working Singer. I recovered the seat with Denyse Schmidt upholstery weight fabric. The serger is set-up on an old bedside table I picked up at a thrift store in Pittsburgh. I keep the serger thread in the top drawer. The little drawing above my serger is from my beloved great-aunt. It says "yeah Marisa" and was given to me when I graduated from midwifery school. Above that is one of those neat removable chalk boards - I use it to keep track of works in progress, of which there are many. Prints on the left are Bad Bird and Sarah Jane Studios.

Overall, I think the room turned out pretty great. I certainly like hanging out in here!

No comments: