Saturday, May 29, 2010

Crazy connections

Last month I visited a wonderful new consignment shop in town, Jane, to go to a trunk show of vintage charms from M and B Vintage.  I picked out a few charms and also brought with me my collection of about 20 charms as well as two vintage Bowdoin bracelets I bought while attending college.  After almost 25 year of collection charms, I finally had them solder my charms to a Tiffany's bracelet I had been given by a very generous patient of mine.  I also had them combine the two Bowdoin bracelets into one.  And I got Lucy started with a charm bracelet - her first charm is a bicycle since she recently learned to ride without training wheels!

Anyway, the bracelets arrived and  I have only taken them off to sleep.  It brings me such joy to hear them clanging on my wrist and to know that the charms are safely all in one place.  It's like wearing a little bit of history on my wrist.

So today I was going through our bookshelves to get ready for our garage sale when I came across this book.  The authors' names seemed familiar and then the lightbulb went on - these are the women of M and B vintage.  I loved reading this book when I was pregnant with Lucy.  I ordered it on Amazon and poured over it for the remaining weeks of Lucy's gestation, day dreaming of the perfect vintage nursery.

What a delightful moment.  These women inspired me on my journey to becoming a mother and now their creativity provides me with endless joy with each twist of my wrist.  What a wonderful connection.

Be well.

No comments: