Monday, July 02, 2018

EPP Community Love


One of the great joys of my life has been the discovery of the English Paper Piecing community.  Many many years ago I decided to teach myself the technique but without a group of like-minded stitchers, my interest quickly faded.

It wasn't until I spotted Willyne Hamerstein's book Millefiori at Alewives in Damariscotta, ME that I again decided to give EPP a try.  With a bit of investigation I found blog posts, youtube videos and lots and lots of Instagram photos to get me started.

Over 2 years ago the EPP Club at Pennington Quilt Works was born.  Many of the original members still join me each month to share their progress, offer support to other stitchers and enjoy the company of other creative women (so far we have no men).

The block above is the Brimfield Block, a quilt pattern designed by the talented duo of Brimfield Awakening.  It was a treat to sew with my Liberty fabric stash - many more projects are on the horizon.

Happy Stitching!

No comments: