Saturday, December 05, 2020

As 2020 Winds Down

 This blog was started such a very long time ago.  I was a new mother, learning how to navigate parenthood, marriage, and my creative life.  And I thought that at some point it would all come into focus, get easier and more manageable.  

Over time I have learned the following: that life is a series of moments coming into and out of focus.  At 40 I thought my life was all figured out an in perfect balance.  But then it slowly started unraveling with knee surgery, chronic migraines, my husband's cancer, and all the other general stress of life.

And then came 2020.

I'm not going to lie.  I pretty much fell apart within the first few weeks of Covoid.  I was ok at the start but by mid-April I was a hot mess.  I've never felt such fear, despair and sadness.   

But slowly over the course of the last few months something shifted.  Here I am 9 months later.  Living and breathing.  creating.  connecting.  And I know that the the spring will come.  I can do this.  We can do this.  

Exciting things are on the horizon for me both personally and professionally.  I can't say much more now but in time I will share what's next for Stitching Pink in 2021.  For now, I'm enjoying the break to slow down.  And rest a bit.  To stay safe.

Each year I promise that I'll write more here but never do.  So no promises to blog more.  But I promise to live my life in a way that is creative, healthy and joyful.

xoxo

No comments: