Friday, February 08, 2008

Betty Shopper


Betty Shopper, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

I made this bag a few weeks ago and really enjoyed making it and enjoy using it even more. There are two large pockets inside that can hold lots of fabric and patterns. I generally carry this bag to the shop so that I can bring fabric back home without anyone noticing! Ha! Sneaky, right? Not really, Mitch always seems to know when more fabric enters the house - it's like he has a fabric (and yarn) radar....

Lucy and I took the train into the NYC today to visit my brother and sister-in-law. We had a great time walking around Washington Square Park and SoHo. And yes, of course we made a quick stop into Purl Patchwork. I really love going there but I never seem to have enough time or money to fully appreciate the array of fabrics that Joelle has in her shop. She really seems to be going more into the Japanese fabrics and Liberty fabrics these days. She also had quite a few Alexander Henry prints - great colors and motifs. I managed to make it out of the store with a small, but satisfying purchase. Two sets of Clover embroidery iron-ons, 1/2 yard of a darling hedgehog print (for my friend Kate whose middle name means hedgehog - go figure) and a yard of a large floral print by Kokka. Actually, it was the last yard on the bolt so I had to have it, right?

I'm teaching my class on the Weekender Bag this weekend and I'm a bit nervous. I hope I can pass along some sewing pearls to my students! Really, once you make that bag, everything else is a walk in the park.

No comments: