Thursday, February 07, 2008

Skirt and appliqued shirt


Skirt and appliqued shirt, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

I have been having trouble with my computer recently - everytime I go to upload pictures, it crashes. Kind of a big problem, huh? So, I've resigned myself to using my husband computer which is sooo much faster but I can't watch Martha Stewart and blog at the same time. Instead I have to sit facing a wall. Oh well.

I made this outfit for Lucy using Butterick B4543. The skirt is super easy and fast to make. For the shirt, I just bought a plain tee from the Gap, cut out one of the flower clusters and used Lite Steam-a-Seam to apply it to the shirt. I still need to sew around the edges to neaten it a bit. I think that I will put some sort of stabilizer on the back since I'm working on knit material. I plan to make another outfit, probably shorts, in the same fabric using green colorway.

Here's Lucy modeling the outfit. I have no idea how she learned to pose like this. Honestly, it was a bit scary - she started posing in different locations all over her room, putting on more accessories as she went. Is this genetic? How did she know to do this???

Lucy modeling her summer outfit

No comments: