Saturday, April 18, 2015

Spools of fresh fabric

The quilt store is filled with gorgeous fabric - I've done my best not to be tempted but yesterday I finally gave in. This is a Moda collection by Basicgrey aptly named "Fresh Cut."  I couldn't decide which fabrics to bring home so I purchased a layer cake of 45 fabrics. I knew instantly what I would make with these beauties - Spools by Thimble Blossoms. 




The last few weeks have been consumed with cleaning out my fabric stash. I've passed along quite a bit because either. My tastes have changed or I've realized that I'm never, ever going to complete the project for which the fabric was intended.  Then there are fabrics that I know should be tossed or donated or sold, but I just can't stand the thought of parting with it.  It's either too lovely or I'm sentimentally attached to it.

The thing is, if I'm going to take the time to sew, then I have to love the project.  Because my time is limited and precious.  And what I make should inspire me rather than make me feel blah. 

Happy stitching. 

No comments: