Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dress-Up Tea Party


Tea Party, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

A couple of weeks ago, Lucy and I hosted her very first tea party. It was a truly delightful event. Lucy's little friends came dressed in their very best and displayed their best manners. We read two books: "Tea for Ruby" and "When I Have a Little Girl" then the children did crafts and played with tea sets, including my grandmother's silver tea service! Here's the menu:

Cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches
Cream cheese and maraschino cherry sandwiches
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Mellon balls
Mini chocolate muffins
Petit Fours
Madeleines
Gingerbread cookies and
Pink sparkling lemonade!

Getting ready for tea

I loved setting the table with family heirlooms, vintage finds and wedding presents. Entertaining provides a wonderful opportunity to share with others your creativity but most of all, I enjoy hosting friends in our home. I hope that Lucy will learn to enjoy this too.

Lucy at her tea party

No comments: