Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fast and easy notions bags


Fun and easy bags, originally uploaded by stitchingpink.

I loved making these - super cute and easy. Quick as 1-2-3. The pattern is from Quilts and More Winter 2009 and uses the new Westminster Fibers laminated fabric. I finished my edges with a serger but you could just use pinking shears. Had I not been on a coffee cozy craze, I would have given these as gifts but I think I'll start sewing a bunch of them in the New Year to give out as gifts. They would work well as reusable snack bags!

It is unbelievably cold here which inspired me to make beef stew from this book. Yum yum.

And I just finished Cleaving. Still trying to get my head around this book. Julie Powell is a truly gifted writer with a clever way of describing her experiences with food. This book though is less about food and more about her struggles to not just to find her life passion but how she lost it. Complicated. I myself am not a great writer so I would never do her book justice by writing a synopsis here. Let me just sum it up with this: S & M, butchery, goat's blood, Buffy, world travels, alcoholism, adultery, narcissism and soul mates. If that doesn't peak your interest then I don't know what will.



No comments: