Wednesday, December 16, 2009

'Tis The Season

Well, it's getting closer each day. I'm feeling very sparkly this year, in fact I just added two more strands of twinkle lights to my holiday decor and I feel like I need more! It's just that kind of year. Plus all that Martha Stewart glitter has made me super-giddy about sparkles.

This tree I picked up at Urban Outfitters 7 or 8 years ago. I love how sparse the branches are as well as their length. It's the perfect tree to display my collection of homemade ornaments. My mother sewed the felt ones and my great-aunt did the tatting as well as the sequined styrofoam balls. I have a few sets of these felt patterns that my mother never made but to be honest they're just too much work! I can't believe that she had the patience to do all of these - my brother has another dozen or so. But it was the 70's which were all about craft, kind of like now but using less glue. ha ha!

Keep warm.

No comments: